REPOST from Dr. Mark Chironna ~
Consider these words from Paul’s epistle to the Galatians:
Now I say, that as long as the heir is in his minority, he does not differ one bit from a slave, even though he is owner of all, but is under guardians and stewards until the time previously fixed by his father. In like manner, we also, when we were in our minority, were in a permanent state of servitude under the rudimentary first principles of mankind. But when there came the fullness of the time, God sent off His Son, woman-born, made subject to law, in order that He might deliver those under law to the end that we might be placed as adult sons. And because you are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts crying, Abba [namely], my Father. So that no longer are you a slave but a son, and since you are a son, you are also an heir through God.
Galatians 4:1-7 – Kenneth Wuest, The New Testament: An Expanded Translation
God’s building material for the Temple He is building without hands, made of living stones, flesh and blood human beings are not as it was in Solomon’s Temple.
During the days of Solomon, as with any other king in that era, temples were built by slaves. In fact, 153,000 plus Gentile laborers were used to construct Solomon’s Temple. It was not the Sons of Israel that were involved in the construction. Remember the great catch of fish in John 21?
When the disciples finally brought that net to shore that did not break (while the first occasion when Jesus was seeking to teach Peter about the God of all abundance the net broke), the catch was 153 “great” fish. John is alluding to the fact that a Gentile harvest was on the way where God would in His Kingdom in Christ turn slaves into sons.
These days, God is building His Temple with SONS!
There is a world of difference between SONS and SLAVES.
The word “son” in the Hebrew means, “the builder of the family name.” Sons are builders!
Sons live in their inheritance. You cannot even be part of God’s New Temple if you are a slave.
You can only arrive at God’s highest and best by living as sons (and ladies, that includes you since the term “sons” is neutral and refers to male and female when Paul uses the term).
The Land belongs to the INHERITORS. The meek inherit the earth.
Realize this: SLAVES are not INHERITORS.
Only SONS are INHERITORS.
When God wants to build His Temple in the earth, He first SOWS a SON, and then sows SONS in His Son.
There is a major difference between thinking and functioning like a slave, and thinking and functioning like a son.
What Paul wants you to know in the Galatian passage is this: as long as you continue to live in an immature state, we cannot tell whether you are a slave or a son.
- SLAVES are always under the authority of something else that controls their life
- SONS don’t need someone to tell them how to live
- SLAVES act immaturely and are under governors
- SONS act maturely and share the inheritance of their FATHER
- SLAVES labor to gain favor
- SONS co-labor with their Father already having approval
- SLAVES are needs driven and scarcity oriented
- SONS are Spirit-led and abundance oriented
- SLAVES pay off debts with no hope of increase
- SONS invest by sowing into their inheritance that the Father gave and continues to give them
- SLAVES always try to adjust their master
- SONS always align with their Father
- SLAVES live in POSSIBILITIES UNFULFILLED
- SONS live in OWNERSHIP (Gal. 4:1-3)
- SLAVES live in SEPARATION CONSCIOUSNESS from the Father
- SONS live in UNION with the Father and the Son (John 14:20 – In that day you will know that I am in the Father, and you are in ME, and I am in you)
- SLAVES work for their MASTER
- SONS work WITH their FATHER
- SLAVES serve an INSTITUTION
- SONS live in INCARNATION
- SLAVES rely on INFORMATION
- SONS live in REVELATION
- SLAVES hope for liberation in the FUTURE
- SONS live in DESTINY NOW
- SLAVES serve the CHURCH as an organization
- SONS live in an ORGANIC KINGDOM (ORGANIC because it grows by itself without outside influence)
- Slaves FUNCTION in relation to DEMANDS
- SONS co-labor in love with the FATHER
- Slaves FUNCTION without privilege
- SONS flow as members of FAMILY
- Slaves relate to PROGRAMS and keep them running
- Sons relate to PEOPLE and help them GROW
- Slaves LABOR in KRONOS
- Sons FLOW in KAIROS
According to the Biblical Story, the threshold for the Children of Israel officially becoming “sons” was when they crossed the Jordan.
The thing to remember is that the story tells us that the “slaves” that came out of Egypt died in the wilderness and never entered their inheritance. They never let go of the slave’s mindset.
They couldn’t enter the Land Of Promise because only sons can inherit the land. A generation had to be born in the wilderness that was not identified with the mentality of a slave under Pharaoh’s oppressive rule.
There are those who were Joshua’s generation that crossed Jordan to possess their possessions.
There are lots of things we are enslaved to and aren’t even conscious of it. Things have become so habitual that we don’t bother to challenge our deep-seated responses to life that yield far less than our inheritance.
Are you ready to move from slavery to sonship?
God bless those who are being transitioned to SONSHIP….male and female warriors of the cross! Sons by rank NOT gender!
Think KINGDOM. LIVE Kingdom. God GRACE His beloved Bride (“bride” refers to rank not gender!….kingdom culture is opposite of the world).
(What a powerful word!)
God bless you.
SONS vs. SLAVESPosted: September 7, 2013 in KINGDOM
Tags: BLOOD_OF_JESUS, CROSS, DELIVERANCE, End_Times, Father_God, GLORY, Gospel, HOLY, Holy_Spirit, JESUS, KINGDOM, Maturity, Revelation, soldiers, Sons, sonship, Warriors