PRAYING THROUGH THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2013 (CELEBRATE ROSH HASHANAH)
The month of September is a crucial and significant month for various reasons, for many people in many cultures. The word “September” is derived from the Latin word ‘Septem’ meaning seven (7). However it is the ninth (9th) month of the Gregorian calendar. It is the seventh (7TH) month following the Biblical sacred calendar.
This is the first (1st) month of the Biblical civil calendar year called Tishri (Ethanim). The year 5774 is special in that it is a leap year of 13 months i.e. 385 days commencing September 5th 2013 to September 24th 2014.
During this month there are a number of events that take place; The autumnal equinox will occur on 22 September 2013 when the sun will be directly over the equator crossing southward and creating the phenomena of “equal nights”. It also marks an exit from the summer season and entry into the gate of new seasons – the fall/autumn in the northern hemisphere and the entry from winter to spring in the southern hemisphere.
This is a month of several Godly and traditional festivals. It kicks of with special fall festivals or feasts of YHVH There are 7 feasts in the Old Testament calendar (Lev 23). The last 3 feasts occur in the fall (autumn) during the month of Tishri. These are: Feast of Trumpets, The Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) and the feast of Tabernacles (Booths, ingathering) (Neh 8:14; Exo 34:22). The Jewish New Year (called Rosh Ha’Shana in Hebrew) also falls on the new moon of Tishri.
In The Civil Calendar 5774
Rosh HaShanah is: Thursday, (Sept. 5)
In the GREGORIAN Calendar: SUNDOWN… Jewish New Year : Wednesday, Sep. 4,
2013 Day Of Atonement: Friday, Sep. 13, 2013
Tabernacles begins: Wednesday, Sept 18 Tabernacles Ends: Wednesday, Sep. 25, 2013
The 8th Day Begins: Wednesday, Sep. 25, 2013
Annual Torah Reading Cycle Ends: Fri, Sep. 27, 2013
Happy new civil year!
PLEASE NOTE: —-> GOD RECOGNIZES (ONLY) HIS HIGH HOLY-DAYS & FEASTS (NOT man made “holidays”) – TO BE CELEBRATED BY HIS PEOPLE – THESE ARE TIMES OF THE “OPEN HEAVENS” GRANTED FOR OBSERVANCE TO HONOR GOD AT THESE SET ASIDE TIMES SPECIFICALLY FOR HIS BODY.
PRAYING THROUGH THE MONTH
• Happy new civil year 5774! Thank YHVH for another new year to work and tap into your economic potential and purpose. Proclaim Psalm 65.
• 5774 is a leap year with 385 days. Pray into the womb of every single one of these days, that on a daily basis, you will experience a quantum leap, a quick and sudden promotion in your life, spiritual growth and perception of things. Pray this for the Body of Yeshua. Isa 51:16
• Pray that you will be moved to a new level in wisdom, revelation knowledge, and the other inspirational gifts of the Holy Spirit. Pray this for the Body of Yeshua
• The number 1 denotes primacy. It also denotes unity (unison). It is a number that marks the beginning. “In the beginning YHVH…” (Gen1:1) It symbolizes the foundation of any activity or event. This new year
is an opportunity to re-focus and remind yourself of the priorities for the season. Take time to reflect on your life and ask the Holy Spirit to help you keep on track.
• Has YHVH been first in your life? Is He the beginning, the Alpha of what you are involved in? Bring every aspect of your life before Him and ask that during this first month, you will re-order your life putting Him first. Pray this for kingdom citizens everywhere.
• The number 7 represents perfection, fullness and completeness. The seventh month is a Sabbath month of rest. Pray that as kingdom citizens refocus and reorganize their lives and priorities, their activities will be done from a place of rest in YHVH.
• Are there areas of life which have had “loose ends?” Ask the Holy Spirit to bring about a sense of completion and closure during this season of completeness. Pray this for your life, family situations, work situation and your territory at large.
• The number 9 signifies finality or judgment, the judgment of man and all his works. The number 9 also signifies the cycle of gestation for pregnant women. It signifies birthing. It is the final single digit number before the double digit numbers begin. Pray that during this month, YHVH will safely bring forth His purposes which are due for this season in the lives of kingdom citizens everywhere.
• Pray through Revelation 22:2; you and the Body of Yeshua at large, will receive the fruit from the tree of life for the 1st 7th and 9th months.
• Pray that every healing which you require in your body, soul and spirit, in your finances, your family and relationships will be released to you as you partake of the virtues released in the leaves that are for the healing of nations this month. Pray this for kingdom citizens everywhere.
• Is this the month of your birth? Thank YHVH and declare a blessing over your birth month, thank Him for your specific day of birth. Declare that day blessed.
• Thank Him that He ordained that you will be made manifest on earth on a specific day in that month at a specific hour and minute.
• Thank Him that He has a purpose for your life and it will be fulfilled no matter where you are at now.
• Ask Him to forgive you where you have for one reason or another, ignored or rejected to recognize your day of birth.
• Prophesy that you will live and not die premature in any area of your life. Your family will live, the work of your hand will live and grow from strength to strength (Deut 33:6, Psa 27:L13, 118:17)
FALL FEASTS OF YHVH
5th September: Feast of Trumpets (Rosh H’shana): The Israelites made offerings to YHVH every month in praise, and worship and normal burnt offerings. The 7th month marked the beginning of a new cycle of life. Therefore they blew the silver trumpets to mark this new beginning during Feast of Trumpets. Are there areas where you need a second chance? Thank YHVH for the new beginning you are about to enter into as the Feast of Trumpets commences.
• It was also referred to as the Feast of the New Moon. It is YHVH’s ordained time for this feast. It is a time of rejoicing and praise to YHVH. Blast the shofar or blow the trumpets or sing with shouts of joy and with great rejoicing in YHVH. Pray that Yeshua will be mighty amongst His people and rejoice over them with joy and singing (Ps 81:3-4; 2 Ch 5:12-13; Ps 95:1-3; Zep 3:17)
• The Feast of Trumpets is a reminder of the coming Great Day of YHVH when the trumpet shall sound and Yeshua will return and take His Bride the Ekklesia. Are you ready for that day? Pray for the spirit of the Fear of YHVH so that you will always be alert to this reality in every endeavor of your life.
• Pray for the Body of Yeshua in your territory that the message of the coming of Yeshua will be revived.
• Civil New Year: In addition, the people rejoiced in YHVH’s blessing throughout the past year, and asked for His blessing for the New Year. Rejoice in YHVH for this new year’s day.
• Pray into this new year’s day and ask YHVH for grace to accomplish every work related purpose of your life.
• If you know you are working in the area He had equipped you, then pray you will fulfill your redemptive purpose in that area. If you are not sure, ask that you will begin to operate at progressing levels in the area that He ordained for you for this season and generation.
• For 10 days from Rosh H’shana until the day of atonement are referred to as “The Ten Days of Awe.” These are days of ever increasing praise to YHVH leading up to the Day of Atonement. During these days praise YHVH through the “Great Hallel” – Psalm 113-Psalm 118. You may also proclaim the praises of YHVH in any other way the Holy Spirit will lead you.
• 13th September: Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) The 10th day of Tishri marked the Day of Atonement. On that day, a solemn assembly is held and burnt offerings are presented to YHVH (Lev 23:27-32). Repentance was made for sins and transgressions committed in the year past, and His forgiveness sought. Thank YHVH that Yeshua paid it all and His sacrifice on Calvary has atoned for every sin from everlasting to everlasting.
• During this month, examine yourself. How conscious are you of the reality that you are made in the righteousness of YHVH therefore you should seek to lead a life that reflects this truth? On a regular basis, read through Romans 5-8 during this month and ask the Holy Spirit to give you revelation of what it means to be made the righteousness of YHVH
• 18-25th September: Feast of Tabernacles (Sukk’ot) – On the 15th day of this month the feast of Tabernacles is celebrated. It is a type and shadow of Yeshua’s coming to tabernacle with His bride the Body of Yeshua forever. Read Matthew 28:18-20 and praise Yeshua for the promise to tabernacle with us until the end of the age.
• Pray that as many as observe these feasts will come to a revelation that Yeshua H’Mashiah is the fulfillment of everyone of the Feasts that YHVH ordained for kingdom citizens to observe.
• Proclaim Psalm 90:1-3 and pray especially for those who are lonely and seem to have no one to receive this revelation that they are never alone but Yeshua is their Sukk’ot.
• A number of traditional festivals hold during this season. Ask Yeshua for the wisdom for kingdom citizens to bring a transformation where ungodly festivals which hinder progress are practiced especially in various African societies. Pray that even though cultures have existed, the debilitating ones can be changed or done away with so that the YHVH-glorifying cultures will remain and strengthen communities across the continent.
GAP Network (REPOST)
For full prayer: http://gapnetwork.org/Docs/Month_of_september_2013.pdf