HOW TO RAISE AN ALTAR
1. Locate a spot and make it a place of worship and consecration.
2. Hallow it by pouring anointing oil, wine or water on it.
3. Call upon the name of the Lord and ask the three to bear record on earth and in heaven to take note that you are raising an altar to Him on that spot.
4. Name the altar e.g. an altar of consecration, an altar of remembrance, an altar of righteousness, an altar of restoration, an altar of mercy etc.
5. Mark your altar. God directed Israel to use twelve stones to raise Israel’s national altar. You have to mark your altar with something memorable.
WHO CAN BUILD AN ALTAR?
Only a person who is spiritually alive and qualified can raise an altar. When God begins to speak to people about altars, He wants to enter into a fresh covenant with them. He wants to visit the land. He wants to bring about changes. That is why we must keep the altars of our nations alive.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE BUILD ALTARS?
When God calls on people to repair their altars He wants to redeem and empower them to carry out a major assignment for Him.
When Elijah rebuilt the altar at Mount Carmel, this singular event caused ripples in the nations. According to 1 Kings 18:39, fire came down, and fear came back to the house of God.
When altars are repaired, God judges wickedness in the Land and when the Spirit of God touches the earth a new season begins. This is what happened in the days of Elijah. 1 Kings 18:40
All the prophets of Baal were killed.
LET US NOW PRAY FOR OURSELVES.
Let us pray for the grace to walk right and run our course to the end without missing the mark.
1. Ask the Lord to purge you inside and out.
Purge us from – idle words, destructive words, besetting sin and all forms of corrupting influences from our ancestors and our foundations.
2. Ask God to help you to remain focused.
3. Pray that the Holy Spirit will become your friend, your guide, your intercessor, and your teacher. John 16: 8-15; Romans 8:26-27.
4. Pray from Ezekiel 36:11 that God would grant you help speedily and ask God for the following:
* Multiplication of your resources to do the work He has called you to do.
* Increase in the fruits of your labor and the work of your hands.
* Settlement of your old estate. Remind God to bring to fulfillment the things He has promised you.
5. From Ezekiel 36:38 pray saying “Lord, settle me in the land which you have promised me and wipe away my tears.”
6. From John 15:16 pray saying “Lord, make me wise, make me a soul winner, make my fruits remain that the jewels on my crown will shine as the stars in heaven.”
7. From Isaiah 58:12 pray saying “Lord make me an agent of restoration; A restorer of the paths of righteousness to dwell in; a bridge builder to link lost and perishing souls to you.”
8. From Isaiah 62:1-7 pray “Lord make me a watchman”.
9. Pray Ephesians 1:17-23 over your life.
Abu Bako: – Establishing God’s Altar Everywhere
Emmanuel Olewa: – How to be a living Sacrifice on the
Altar to God for your nation
Mosy Madugba: – Elders at the Gates
Atim Sofiri Ogan: – Fresh Fire on the Lord’s Altar
Onyechi Daniel: – Expose and Destroy
Emmanuel Kure: – Practical Prophetic Prayer and Warfare